Our fundamental design philosphy at myEd is to co-create with teachers and students technology solutions to real world challenges they experience in the classroom – as after all, teachers and students (and not us) are the experts!
As a result over the last couple of years we’ve become a frequent visitor at the Sydney Centre for Innovation in Learning (SCIL) based out of Northern Beaches Christian School (NBCS) in Sydney, Australia whose team, led by Stephen Collis, the Director of Innovation have played a central role in shaping and co-creating myEd App.
What do SCIL do?
SCIL started out as the research and innovation unit at NBCS and now run a range of future-focused professional development programs and research projects that seek to transform educational thinking and practice at NBCS and in the wider educational community.
And, we’re excited to announce that..
We’re partnering with SCIL to launch “The NBCS Way – Lessons Learned in 4 Years of BYOD” PD Course at EduTech 2014
Steve Collis and the team at SCIL over the last couple of weeks have been working closely with us to develop an amazing professional development course for Principals, Senior School Leadership, ICT Integrators and Teachers that shares the lessons learned by NBCS on their journey to making their vision of “every child engaged a reality” and successfully implementing a 1 to 1 technology program.
What will the course cover?
The course will cover:
- How NBCS arrived at a 1 to 1 technology program as a key solution to making their vision of “every child engaged a reality”
- How NBCS knew the timing was right to implement a 1 to 1 technology program
- The specific steps NBCS took to implement the program, including communication with parents an setting of expectations
- How NBCS created staff and student ownership of their 1 to 1 technology program
- Lots of practical tips on things like storage, network configuration and on providing technical support to student
- Lots of resources you can take away like sample letters, spec sheets and more that you can use at your own school!
Want FREE access to “The NBCS Way – Lessons Learned in 4 Years of BYOD?”
Come and visit us at Stand 84 at EduTech 2014 and we’ll set you up with your free account!
Can’t make EduTech 2014, but would still love access to the course?
Shoot us an email at email@example.com with the subject line “I’d like free access to “The NBCS Way” PD course” and we’ll set it up for you